Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding to our ship models. If you have more questions, please contact with us!
- Who builds your models?
We do! Since 1995, building tall model ships has been our passion. We are model-ship experts and feel this shows in the quality of our models. To learn more about us, click here.
- How are your models constructed?
A majority of our models are built using the plank-on-frame or plank-on-bulkhead construction method. This is a painstaking process, taking hundreds of hours, in which each individual plank is added to the hull one at a time. Our models are not constructed from pre-made, pre-measured, mass-marketed, mass-produced model kits.
- What woods do you use to build the models?
We use only the highest-quality woods available such as cherry, birch, maple, blackwood, white lotus, walnut, rosewood, teak, yellow siris, light ebony and others.
- Which is your best model ship?
This is a very difficult question. It varies based on your budget and the type of ship you are looking for. Our most popular ships are the HMS Bounty and the USS Constitution, primarily due to how they look and their historical significance. If you have a question about which ship is right for you, or as a gift, please contact us.
- In the model description, it shows the scale such as the HMS Bounty 1:50 scale. What does this mean?
The scale is a ratio of how large or how small the ship model is relative to the real ship. The real HMS Bounty is 50 times larger than our model, hence the 1:50 scale.
- Where are you located? Can I come to see the models in person?
Our showroom is in Changzhou, Chinese , please contact us for an appointment to come and see all of our models.
- I am interested in a model ship that you do not currently build. Can you make it for me?
Yes! We can build almost any model ship to your specifications, regardless of size or complexity. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Can you modify a model currently offered to my specifications?
Yes! We build all of our model sailing ships from scratch and can modify anything you would like (Sails, size, painting, adding copper hull, etc).
- Are all your models currently in stock?
Yes! All of our models are in stock and ready for immediate shipping (unless otherwise noted).
- How do I place an order?
Please send email to us for a quotation or to place an order.
- What happens after I place an order?
We will send the models out upon receipt your model charge.
- How long will it take for my model to arrive?
Your model will arrive in approximately 2 to 10 business days. We ship models every day and we will inform your express tracking number.
- Do you ship internationally?Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we do ship internationally! Please provide your detail delivery address so we could quote the cost for you.
- How do you package your models?
After years of research we have developed the optimal packaging for a model ship. For many years, we have shipped models across the world without incident.
More Questions? Please do not hesitate to Contact Us!